The PSMA Board of Directors is seeking one or more volunteers interested in providing leadership for the Safety & Compliance Technical Committee. The membership in all the PSMA Technical Committees is comprised of individual volunteers from both Member and non-Member Companies who have a technical, business or personal interest and are involved in the focus of the specific Technical Committee.
An important role of the Technical Committee leadership is to coordinate the mission and focus of the committee to address the current issues and changing trends in the technologies. Each of the Technical Committees normally meet monthly via teleconference for one hour to discuss special Projects that PSMA might fund that would benefit the membership and industry, to consider and plan Industry Sessions for upcoming APEC meetings, and to support the PSMA Power Technology Roadmap with relevant Webinars and technical content. The leadership position is the chair (or co-chair) for each meeting and is responsible for generating the monthly meeting agenda and to facilitate the meeting to meet the interests of the participants.
The benefits of Technical Committee leadership are many, including:
- Being acknowledged as an important participant and factor in the technical community
- Opportunity to interact with National, State and Independent Agencies involved with the specific technologies
- Anticipate and influence changes especially in regulations and technologies
- Identify your company as an important participant and contributor in the industry segment
- An expanded ability to network with others in the industry
Additional information on this opportunity is available here.
Please contact the Association Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 973-543-9660) for more information on the specific responsibilities for the Chair and/or Co-chair of the Safety and Compliance Technical Committee.